Interdependencies between Land use and Climate Change – Strategies for a sustainable land use management in Germany (CC-LandStraD)
The objective of the collaborative project CC-LandStraD is to model the interactions between land use and climate change in order to estimate cross-sector and area-wide the potential of various land use strategies for climate change mitigation and energy supply in Germany and to assess the impacts of land use changes taking the social feasibility into account. The goals of the project are as follows:
- Multi-sector, interdisciplinary, modelling of interactions between land use, GHG-emissions, accumulation or release of carbon from soil, nutrient emissions, water supply, water quality and ecosystem functions under climate change.
- Integrative analyses of the climatic, ecological and socio-economic effects of land use changes as well as of the integration of climate protection-oriented land management systems and possibilities to adapt them to climate change.
- Holistic evaluation of the climatic, ecological, socio-economic impacts of land use changes and their consequences for other social demands on land.
- Derivation of efficient sustainable land management strategies in regard to the achievement of climate protection goals taking into account the statutory instrumental and regulation system that influences land-use patterns.
- Exemplary testing of social acceptance, effectiveness and possibility for imple-mentation of different options within in-depth studies in focus regions that face specific challenges from demographic, economic or climate change.
- Involvement of decision makers and stakeholders in the development of scenarios, assessment and derivation of sustainable land use strategies.
Institute of Rural Studies (TI-LR) Details of Institute of Rural Studies
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut - Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries (TI) Details of (TI) (Lower Saxony)
01. 11. 2010 - 31. 10. 2015
- University of Muenster (WWU) Details of WWU
- Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) Details of ZALF
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) Details of PIK
- Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development within the Federal Office for Building and Regional Planning (BBSR) Details of BBSR
- Institute for Ecological Economy Research (IÖW) Details of IÖW
- BMBF Funding Details of BMBF Funding
- Crop Production
- Resource management
- Climate Change
Purpose of research:
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) Details of (BMBF)
Project Management Agency:
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) Details of BMBF