BMBF - Health Research: Research for People
The BMBF will be providing funding of approximately 800 million euro to the field of health research over the period 2006 to 2010. The prime objectives of this government programme are to:
- fathom the causes of diseases and develop effective methods of treatment,
- improve prevention and prophylaxis,
- improve the transfer of research results to the health system,
- strengthen the research base and
- contribute towards ensuring an efficient and competent health system.